Monday, April 23, 2012

Pain Management Appointment 4-23-12

I went to the pain clinic today to avert a trip to the ED for uncontrolled pain. I toughed it out over the weekend to get this appointment. It was not with my primary pain MD, wich could be a good thing for a different view. The thing that aggravated me was that even though I told them I was in 'suicidal" pain, he would not go up on my opioids. He prescribed amitripyline, 800 mg of Neurotin at bedtime to max out the medication and lidocaine patches to put over the primary pain areas. I am still not sure how that is going to reach the spinal nerves... He also wanted to do a caudial injection this week, but of course the schedule was full until 5-4-12. That was his plan so he didn't need to go up on the oxycodone. So much for that, so I will just suffer until then.

The first good thing he suggest was aquatic therapy, so I scheduled an appointment for this Thursday.

I missed 2 functions this weekend from pain and cannot enjoy my life. It is impacting my ability to take care of myself and it is becoming a depressing realization that I may need to live this way, but I haven't given up yet. My CT scan is this Friday and maybe it will reveal the primary source of the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment